Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

There is no communication with my server (xfinity) Keep

Customer Question
There is no communication...

There is no communication with my server (xfinity) Keep getting message Xfinity not responding

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

Not sure what that is but when i go through google then type in xfinity, it works and quickly.

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

, First two (on bottom) are not lit at all.Third from bottom is lit and not blinking, Fourtrh and fifth are blinking and the last three on the top are lit but not bliinking I have had a remote specialist clean my computor and that is definitely OK. Called xfinity and they told me to call you

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I dont' think so except I am not an expere on the computer!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Networking
3/31/2018
Network Technician: Josh, Helpdesk replied 3 months ago
Josh, Helpdesk

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

I do
Do not want to spend any more money for something that is Microsoft' fault. Please tell me what is wrong so I can this computer working properly. I have to go to Google, then type in xfinity to make it work properly
I don't want to pay more money for something that isMicrosoft's problem.
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

If your computer cannot connect to the Internet through your local wireless network and if the network was recently working, the issue could be due to memory errors in the router/modem that provides your Internet access. To resolve the issue power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi). Then reboot your computer after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.