Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have a Cisco Meraki Security Appliance sitting off of my…

Customer Question
I have a Cisco Meraki...
I have a Cisco Meraki Security Appliance sitting off of my modem. One of the ports, I have a Netgear GS108PE-300NAS switch. I have the Cisco Meraki setup with allowing all VLANS and Native set to 2. I also have DHCP going out of this. When I login to the Netgear, I can see that it is getting an IP on VLAN 2. However, I have a computer sitting on another port that will not pass traffic. I have tried setting it to tagged VLAN 2 and untagged. Regardless, it will not pass traffic or get an IP address. Is there something specific that needs to be don't on the netgear that I'm missing?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/29/2018
Network Technician: Domijones Manalo, System Administrator replied 3 months ago
Domijones Manalo
Domijones Manalo, System Administrator

Hi!

Thank you for your question. I am Domijones and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

I'm not that familiar with NetGear and I'm more on Cisco routers and switches. May I know if you can acquire the configuration of your NetGear GS108PE-300NAS switch?

If you cannot connect to it due to IP issue, you can use a console cable to access your NetGear switch and be able to acquire the configuration.

You can download and use PuTTy as a terminal application.

Thank you.
Domijones

I apologize. I thought that this model of NetGear has no console port. Looking at the features from the website, it can be managed using a web interface.

If you need assistance, you can reach out to them using the details below.

NETGEAR, Inc. 350 E. Plumeria Drive, San Jose, CA###-##-####USA, 1-888-NETGEAR (638-4327), E-mail: *****@******.***

They have 24/7 support and they can definitely assist you in your issue.

Thank you.

Domijones