Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I am having a problem connecting my printer to my computer.

Customer Question
Hi - I am...

Hi - I am having a problem connecting my printer to my computer. HP said that I need to speak with someone at Netgear to resolve the issues.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirlessly wirelessly (sp)

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

No idea

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a list of questions I'm supposed to ask What to ask Internet Service Provider?
1. Check if firmware if its up to date
2. Wireless channel should be 11
3. If you have a dual band router , make sure that 2.4 and 5ghz don't have the same SSID/ Network name
3. Allow the following ports in their security software to allow both the inbound and outbound communication for your ip address of (ip address):
Incoming (UDP) ports : 137, 138, 161, 427
Outgoing (TCP) ports : 137, 139, 427, 9100, 9220, 9500
4. Recommended that the network name and password ***** NOT contain "and", spaces/punctuation or special characters
5. Mac filtering should be Disabled
6. Make sure Multicast Filtering is enabled, allowing bonjour protocol to be broadcast on the network.
7. The built in Firewall should be at the default or lower setting

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Networking
how long can I anticipate I will need to wait for a response? Just wondering if I should go do some other things.
I will be leaving my pc and checking back in in about 10 minutes, as this seems to be taking a while.
3/29/2018
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to Just Answer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily. Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in. Let me know when this is done.

ok - done
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

Kindly mention the model number of your printer.

HP Officejet Pro 8610
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

How about the computer you have is that Windows?

Windows.
I was told that I need to ask Netgear the questions below. Netgear sent me here.What to ask Internet Service Provider?
1. Check if firmware if its up to date
2. Wireless channel should be 11
5. Mac filtering should be Disabled
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

In order to check all the probable issues that you have mentioned, I suggest that we proceed with the remote support.

So that I can take exact look at the settings of your printer.

If in case am unable to fix the issue the money would be refunded back to you.

I think I am just going to discontinue HP Instant Ink. This isn't worth the hassle or expense. Thank you for your time.
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

You can contact Customer Support via email at***@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help to request a refund.
Thank you so much for your time and I wish you have an awesome day ahead!

Thank you. You did fine. I have just spent hours now trying to resolve the issue. Not worth my time.
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

I totally understand. No issues.

Take care, Bye.