Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My ipad keeps reloading. I do not know. 6months or more. I…

Customer Question
My ipad keeps reloading ...

My ipad keeps reloading

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I do not know.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

6months or more. I have cleared some of my programs.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The ipad is about 6 years old and the update says it is updated

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Networking
3/29/2018
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

One way to resolve the issue, if you regularly connect the iPad to a computer with iTunes installed, is to boot the iPad into DFU mode then restore the iPad from the most current backup. To do that do the following:

Turn off your iPad and plug your iPad into your computer.
Start iTunes.
Press and hold down the On/Off button on the top of the iPad for 3 seconds.
Press and hold down the Home button (on the front of your iPad) while still holding down the On/Off button.
Keep holding both buttons down for 10 seconds. (If the Apple logo appears, the buttons have been held down too long and will need to start the procedure again.)
Let go of the On/Off Button but keep holding the Home button for about 5 seconds. (If the "Plug into iTunes" screen appears, then the button has been held down too long and will need to start the procedure again.)
If the screen stays black, then the iPad has entered DFU mode.
iTunes should display an alert stating that it has detected the iPad and will allow it to be restored.
Follow the prompts to complete the restore process with a restore that is before the update took place.

Your solution did not work after several attempts. Thanks anyway.