Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I need to know if I am being SCAMED. The make is H P

I need to know...

I need to know if I am being SCAMED

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

The make is H P Windstream is the Router

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Wi-Fi network

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I had a pop-up from Microsoft, I think I am being scamed

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that was it

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

yes thats a scam to try and get you to call the phone number where they will attempt to sell you a "protection plan" or software you don't need

Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
I talked to the guy How do I get rid of the situation?
Is anything being done?

sorry here now

go here to connect me; https://tinyurl.com/yao8xvjr
This will download a file named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client
Double click on this file to run it and connect me remotely.

are you still on to look at this?

I have to leave the house for about 30 min. I am leaving the computer on

ok I need you to connect me

all done, cleaned up everything. I restarted and its on the login screen so I have now disconnected.