Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I plugged in my router but my phone and I pad won’t connect…

I plugged in my...

I plugged in my router but my phone and I pad won’t connect to wifi

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your iPad?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

The power and 2.4ghz are on and the 5ghz and plant looking one are blinking

3/28/2018
Karthik
Karthik, System Administrator

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sounds good thanks

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me whether do you have any computer which is connected to the same wifi network?

Nope just phones and I pad

Could you please tell me what is the make and model of the router?

RT-AC666U Dual Band 3x3 802.11AC Gigabit Riuter ASUS

Could you please tell me what is the error message you are getting when you tried to connect your phone to the WiFi network? Is it showing as incorrect password ***** unable to join this network?

the message is gone now and I am connected ��

Are you able to go online?

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to give me a 5-star rating. See you again soon!

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. See you again soon!

Karthik
Karthik, System Administrator
Thank you

You're Welcome!