Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Port forwarding using WNR2000V2 does not seem to work.

Port forwarding using WNR2000V2...

Port forwarding using WNR2000V2 does not seem to work

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Netgear

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

All kinds of things. I am able to configure the router remotely using the router's remote management feature via a port I selected. I can test if the camera and other device I am trying to port forward work from this other location as well. I am using yougetsignal.com to test if a port is open also.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I have not found any selections on the router that solve the problem. Note that the camera communicates with the router via a wifi extender which I assume has no role in port forwarding.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Jason Jones, Network Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

I have setup such types of systems hundreds, if not thousands of times. There are many problems that may be the culprit. In order to expedite the analysis of the problem and the solution, may I remotely connect to your computer?

May I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot and fix this issue for you?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
OK

Thank you. I will get that ready for you. After you click the "Securely Connect" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I do not authorize any other charges for this.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I expect my total cost to be $24

Do you wish to clear this up with customer service before we continue?

Jason Jones, Network Technician
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I don't know of anything to clear up.

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

You must run the application below on a computer. It will not work on any phone or tablet.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 59
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Hi Jason. I'm ready to continue the diagnostics including having the guy at the remote site get you remoted into the LAN that includes the router, as you ended up yesterday.

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 70

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I will ask the guy to run the app now. Tell me when you are in...

I'm in.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Great.

Please, run the instructions below on your computer so that you and I can connect as well.

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 19

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Jason Jones, Network Technician