Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Wi-Fi is weak. Netgear C7100V. Just hooked it up and signed…

Customer Question
Wi-Fi is weak. Technician's...

Wi-Fi is weak.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Netgear C7100V

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your NETGEAR router?

Just hooked it up and signed in with Xfinity

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Networking
3/27/2018
Network Technician: UranNet, Network Administrator replied 3 months ago
UranNet
UranNet, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

How far is your device from cable modem? what is the exact signal strenght?

We are using the Wi-Fi to extend our I-Phone reception in the house. I don't know where to find the signal strength. All I know is it not strong. I replaced a C6300 by Netgear to get a better signal. This unit is worse than the other.
I can send this unit back if you think it is the problem.
This is not working out for me. How do I get my money back?