Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I just installed a Tenda Nova Mesh WiFi and the signal is…

I just installed a Tenda...
I just installed a Tenda Nova Mesh WiFi and the signal is great and it get great speeds when doing speed tests but I FREQUENTLY have issues when a device is trying to connect to the load something. Fire TVs, iPhones, MacBook’s loading webpages. It lags quite a bit and sometime requires a refresh to force it to connect. I was planning to return this mesh for a google mesh (supports IPV6) but I read a review describing the same thing with that one. Is this a an issue with WiFi mesh technology? Or is there a setting I can change to try to troubleshoot this?Also, My internet connect is a gigabit fiber connection so I don’t think there are any issues on that end.
3/28/2018
Josh, Helpdesk

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

would still like assistance. I replaced the mesh router with the default one from my isp and have had no issues with that router. So something is wrong with the Tenda Nova Mesh wifi. I'm probably going to return it and go with the google mesh wifi, but i'm curious on your thoughts what could be causing this. I've seen google wifi reviews describing similair symtoms.

Yes, you are correct that it is a common issue and I would recommend returning it as well to be honest.

Do you think I'll have issues with the google mesh also? Should I just get an extender and be done with it?

I would get the extender and be done with it

Josh, Helpdesk
Great. Thank you!