Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Can’t connect with my WiFi protect setup ((wps) Kodi box.

Can’t connect with my...

Can’t connect with my WiFi protect setup ((wps)

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

Yes. Kodi box

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Under the network, the WiFi signal is very weak and always displaying “unable to connect wps

3/27/2018
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Try this on the kodi box please.
Go to Settings–>Network and then choose your home wifi network. Then enter your wifi password.
I have tried that. The signal bars are yellow with three out of five. Every now and then will be four green bars

okay, what happens after you enter your home wifi network password?

Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator

are you on a windows computer now?

but I don’t see any action on my tv

okay, I will need to connect to your computer and check your network settings.

Click on the blue link below and allow the remote session to download then click on the elsinore remote session download and allow the program to run please>http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=6c8db251-80dc-4ce2-989d-38e92dfa4721

Once you click on the blue link above, then agree and allow the download to start, when the download finishes, click on the downloaded file to run please.