Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have a microsoft surface pro 3 running win 10. After an…

I have a microsoft...

I have a microsoft surface pro 3 running win 10. After an update my wifi and bluetooth stopped working.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router, and what device(s) are you connecting to it?

Problem exists with any router or bluetooth device

3/27/2018
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
You will need to take your Surface back to an earlier point in time when the wifi was working called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.Press and hold (or right-click) Start , and select Control Panel.
In the search box in the upper-right corner, enter recovery.
Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update and select Next > Finish.
Tried it. Lost all of my programs. Wireless and bluetooth still not working.
can't connect without wifi. Surface does not have a socket for input.
guess I'm screwed.
bye.

no, we can try a factory restore.

that is?
  1. Go to Start , and select Settings > Update & security > Recovery.
  2. Under Reset this PC, select Get started and choose

Keep my files>This reinstalls Windows 10 but keeps your personal files and any apps that came with your PC. It removes:

3. Changes you made to settings
  4. Apps and drivers you installed
  5. If that fails>

choose Remove everything>This reinstalls Windows 10 and any apps that came with your PC. It removes:

6. Personal files
  7. Changes you made to settings
  8. Apps and drivers you installed
  9. If that fails use this option and choose to fully clean the drive. This might take an hour or two, but it makes it harder for other people to recover files you've removed.

Restore factory settingsThis reinstalls the version of Windows that came on your Surface and any apps that came with it. It removes:

10. Personal files
  11. Changes you made to settings
  12. Apps and drivers you installed
  13. This option isn't available on all devices.

Ok. I'll back up my data and try that.

okay,

let me know if you need anything,

Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator