Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Net gear router has stopped working -- message not

Customer Question
Net gear router has...

Net gear router has stopped working -- message not clear--but

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What can I say?

Attempting to locate error message from net gear -- application [not sure which one} has claused the net gear to stop working

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Yes, the internet is still working-- and the lights on the netgear look the same

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Roblem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: NETGEARGenie.exe
Application Version: 2.4.44.0
Application Timestamp: 00030000
Fault Module Name: libstdc++-6.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 0001f11d
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 37a7
Additional Information 2: 37a78fbf35a9e0f7bdf57002afefd3db
Additional Information 3: a7f7
Additional Information 4: a7f74a7f6f89d7e521a767b4060de4abRead our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Networking
3/27/2018
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 1 month ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

That message is generated by the Netgear Genie software on your computer rather than by the Netgear Router itself. One way to solve the issue would be to go to the Control Panel on your Windows computer, then Programs and Features, then select the Netgear software from the list of programs displayed, then click Uninstall at the top of the list of programs. Then reboot the computer and reinstall the software from the disc received with the router or by downloading the software at the following link:

click here

and the Netgear Genie software should find the router and operate again without issues.

Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 25 days ago

Do you still need assistance?

Syseng
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer