Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Television will not connect to router. Roku will not

Television will not connect...

Television will not connect to router

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

Roku will not connect

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Not yet but the wireless is working for the computer

3/26/2018
Nathan, System Administrator

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Still will not connect the Roku is part of the TV. An Insignia Roku TV
still will not connect the Roku is part of the tv. it is an Insignia Roku TV.

Okay that changes things a bit,

it is not an actual roku, just an insignia tv with some built in roku software. The hardware is the typical insignia hardware (not roku made) which have frequent hardware related failures that cause this type of issue.
Can you give me the actual model number of the tv, please?

When you go into the wireless settings in the tv menu, does it show any networks at all (yours or neighbors)?

NS-43DR620NA18

I tried resetting but did not work

So it shows your network, but won't connect, or it shows no networks?

I got it to work. It might have been the router, I turned it off again and the television started working again.

Great, glad it is back on track for you.

If the problem comes back or you need more help with it, just let me know.

Now that it is reconnected, it would be a good idea to go into the tv menu and check for any firmware updates (system update) as well.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, System Administrator
Ok. Thank You