Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have received 2 phone calls today from Apple which left…

Customer Question
I have received 2...

I have received 2 phone calls today from Apple which left messages on my answering machine that my ICloud account has been compromised. Do you make those calls and if so, what is the problem

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

They left the message on my home phone. I have an Ipgone 7 plus and said not to use any device until I spoke with them. OS 11.2.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

I just got the calls today on my home phone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Network Technician: Ashik, PC Technician replied 1 month ago
Ashik, PC Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That was a SCAM message as there are many SCAMs out there like this. DO NOT do anything mentioned in that message or call.

Since you got the call, you should immediately change your Apple ID password. You can change it from the official site, here --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

You should also enable the Apple's two step verification security measure. This will protect your Apple ID from hacking. Refer this article --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204915

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, PC Technician