Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My desk top Mac will not hold the connection. My cable is…

Customer Question
My desk top Mac...

My desk top Mac will not hold the connection. My cable is fine, my iPad works as WiFi router not a problem. Does it sound like I just need a new computer. Mine is 61/2 yrs old.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your iPad?

Not sure what you mean

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

All are on. I called my cable company first & they suggested I contact you.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Networking
3/25/2018
Network Technician: Ashik, PC Technician replied 2 months ago
Ashik, PC Technician

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

You don't need to buy a new computer. It is possible that either the WiFi driver/software is corrupted or the WiFi chip is failing. Even if the WiFi is failing, all you have to do is, buy a new WiFi adapter and use it.

What is the model of your computer?