Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

If my phone is not connected to WiFi and I do something like…

If my phone is...

If my phone is not connected to WiFi and I do something like trying to open an email attachment, I get a message that I am not connected to the internet. How do i connect to the internet under these circumstances?

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Apple device?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

This will take a moment--please stand by

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

They are all blinking except for the one furthest to the right

3/25/2018
Ashik, PC Technician

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Do you mean how to get internet when you don't have access to WiFi network?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok

You can use your carrier network's data i.e Mobile Data. What is the model of your phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
MGC52LL/A

First, call your carrier network and make sure you have an activate mobile data plan. This is important, otherwise, you will be charged for using that internet.

To enable Mobile Data, open Settings, tap Mobile Data or Cellular Data Network and turn it on. This will let you access internet without WiFi network.

Also, after using it, you should turn it off, so the data use can be controlled as you are paying for it.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, PC Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, I turned on "Cellular Data" but I am still getting a message that my cellphone is not connected to the internet. How can I fix this?

Do you have a active data plan?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think so. How can I tell for sure? Who do you mean by an "active data plan"?

That is an internet plan just like your phone call plan with your carrier network. Can you call them and check with them?

Ashik, PC Technician