Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Our Vizio Smart TV can't find our network, but all other…

Customer Question
Our Vizio Smart TV...

Our Vizio Smart TV can't find our network, but all other devices in the house are working on this network.

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

No, just selecting SmartCast in order to get to a streaming service and it won't load that

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

No, because every other device in the house is working off of this network. Signal strength is strong

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Networking
3/26/2018
Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 3 months ago
Richard, Network Specialist

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thank you