Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Our old router was replaced with a new one now we can't

Customer Question
Hi our old router...

Hi our old router was replaced with a new one now we can't access to netflix

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

I didn't have to as it is remained the same

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

From a laptop

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No I would be happy to have both my pc and Netflix working

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Networking
3/25/2018
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Issues with blocked services such as Netflix are often due to memory errors in the network devices that provide your wireless and Internet access. To rule out the network as the culprit, power down the router/modem that provides your wireless and Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes for the memory to drain. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer that you use for Netflix and other devices that connect to the network after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result. If you still cannot connect to Netflix also let me know the error that appears as well.