Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I can't convert my Kindle back from Airplane mode to Wi-Fi.

I can't convert my...

I can't convert my Kindle back from Airplane mode to Wi-Fi. I do not have a password. How can I find out if my password ***** saved to Amazon?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

I don't know.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I tried the number on the back of my Modem as instructed by Verizon. (I recently had to get a new modem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

A number I got from the internet for Amazon Customer Service caused my computer to be hacked!

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/24/2018
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Certified Networking Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

When did this issue start?

Samuel NetEngineer
I was travelling March 8-12 and changed to Airplane mode as required by the pilot. After return I did not try to use the Kindle for a few days. When I did, I could not return to Wi-Fi mode. I have a Network (X64XN) but no password. Someone else set up the Wi-Fi for me over a year ago. I can no longer contact him.

Okay, are you attempting to connect to your home network?

I am online. Kindle is turned on.

Is the X64XN network your home network?

Is this transaction complete? Device now says "Wireless". Yes, it is home.
Kindle turned off. Is this complete?

Okay, could you look at your home router.

On the side or bottom of the router there should be a sticker with either "password" "WEP key" Or "WPA Key written on it.

That will be the password ***** the X64XN network

Sorry. I don't know what you mean by "router". Verizon tried for hours to use the number on the modem and it DID NOT WORK!

You should have an internet box where the internet comes into the house. That is your router.

Could you check to see what numbers are there?

i DON'T HAVE AN INTERNET BOX -- ONLY THE MODEM. i USE VERIZON PHONE AND INTERNET.

Yes, the modem is a modem and a router in one, sorry for the confusion.

But we tried the number on the modem many times. It does not work. The numbers are:X73B3X5FM6P8XM3B (Verizon also added 44 at the end.) WPS Pin: 42856511

Okay, neither one of those are the Wifi password.

Is there any other string of letters, numbers, and words on the device?

No. Only model no. and serial no.
Please stop sending all answers to my cell phone.

To get the password ***** will need to remotely connect to a computer that is already on the network.

In order for me to remotely connect, go to https://samkresslein.screenconnect.com/
Type in 51397 for the code
From there I will be able to remotely connect to your PC.