Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My old desktop with windows XP won't see my wifi. It is the…

My old desktop with...

My old desktop with windows XP won't see my wifi.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

It is the 2wire that came with the computer

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I talked with ATT which is my internet provider. They exhausted their steps and advised me to contact HP. But the computer is to old for them to help. I tried to find an updated driver for the router on the web, but didn't have any luck.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I am currently using my laptop and it works fine. Also, the desktop in question will see other wifi's in the area. Just not mine.

3/24/2018
Jason Jones, Network Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

Thank you for the update.

How about this; can you plug the problem wireless computer into the router or modem with a cable and allow me to run a secure remote assistance session on the computer so I can setup the wireless connection? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Jason Jones, Network Technician
I have a Ethernet cable plugged in now. What do I do next?
This is not the problem computer.

Okay, please follow the instructions.
1) Go to the problem computer.
2) On the computer, go to: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com
3) On the computer, on that page, enter the code: 39
4) Click the Circle/Arrow button and run the program.

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com