Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Just got a new modem with AT&T last week they had to change…

Customer Question
Just got a new...

Just got a new modem with AT&T last week they had to change my wifi address/password. When the technician put this new info into my laptop it will not allow me to access any internet sites like my banking or credit cards. It will only let me look at local sites like the news, etc. What do I need to do? Also, it has took me 1 week to regain my email account because when he put in the new wifi address, he refreshed my computer and I have had to download all updates since factory settings. Please help me?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

One week ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Yes with no problems

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
3/23/2018
Network Technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 4 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?