Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Im having trouble with getting my N300 wifi gigabit router…

Hi im having trouble...

Hi im having trouble with getting my N300 wifi gigabit router setup. I can get to step 4 of setup but there is no next button on the page to get me to the next page.

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

The router to the wall?

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

There are two. power on the far left miss one then one more

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

3/23/2018
UranNet
UranNet, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.

Sorry took so long to get to your question, we have too many questions from customers coming in today

Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

Thanks

Are you talking to me on the phone or a tablet? Maybe you can snap a photo and attach to the chat? It would make it easier to see the issue

I am on my phone. Not sure how to do that sorry

Take a photo of the error screen , then use attach button on this chat to attach photo.

Ok

thank you

Sorry can't find attach button anywhere

May look like a paperclip

I dont use a phone app, but our customers attach images all the time

I have looked into everything on the screen and cant find it

ok, have you tried resetting router back to default and starting over setup again?

No.
Just did reset no different

At which exact point do you get stuck?

From step 4 to 5. There is no next button

What does it do a step 4?

Saves the information and thats it
All fields are filled out properly but there is no option to proceed to next page

do you change any settings from default? like IP range?

No. Was all the same

which browser do you use to go thru setup?

http://192.168.20.1

192.168.20.1 ? usually its 192.168.1.1

did you change it or router already had it ?

No in the instructions

ok, in the first 4 steps, do you get to change password ***** default one on the admin sign in?

No

ok, there is a label on the router, is the there SSID and password ***** it that you can see?

There is mac id and serial number

what is the exact model of the router?

N300 wifi gigabit router

should start with WNR or close to it..

should start with WNR or close to it..

No nothing there like that
The ssid is netcomm9988

is this a brand new router from the store?

Out of box brand new probably a year old

ok, here is what you should do , go to this website, register your router product, you will get 90 days complimentary support from Netgear, contact their support and they will look into this issue for you.

Ok thanks

sure thing.

UranNet
UranNet, Network Administrator