Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I just got net gen 5. I am unable to get wifi on me tv.I…

Customer Question
I just got hughes...

I just got hughes net gen 5. I am unable to get wifi on me tv.I hope you can help me

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

I have the cable connected to the ethernet spot on dvr from direct tv and goes to modem

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

On the router system is lit up receive transmit and lan are flashing wifi is not on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Networking
3/22/2018
Network Technician: Karthik, System Administrator replied 1 month ago
Karthik
Karthik, System Administrator

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the make and model of the TV?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
visio e552vle
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you able to help me

Follow the steps below to connect your Vizio Smart TV to the Internet via a wireless connection

1. Press the Menu button on your Vizio remote.
  2. Select the Network option and then press OK.
  3. Choose Network Connection and then select the Wireless option.
  4. Select your In-home WiFi network from the list.
  5. Enter your the password ***** your In-home WiFi.
  6. Your Vizio Smart TV should now be connected to your In-home WiFi network.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
call me (###) ###-####

In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i was able to get it connected
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Karthik did you get the message that i got to work
Network Technician: Josh, Helpdesk replied 28 days ago
Josh, Helpdesk

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I found out the problem is on the outside with the dish

OK thank you for the update!

Josh, Helpdesk