Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have just purchased a new phone and I'm wanting to link my…

I have just purchased...

I have just purchased a new phone and I'm wanting to link my cell phone to it. It is not working, so I went to the internet address listed in the manual, but I don't see where to find if my phone in linkable or not.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your phone?

Sorry, but where would I see that?

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

3/22/2018
Richard, Network Specialist

Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please what you mean with linking your cell phone to it?

Please let me know

I bought a Panasonic phone with Link2Cell and I want to pair my cell phone to it, but my cell phone is not showing any connection attempt.

What is the make and model of the cell phone?

Samsung Galaxy J3 Sky

on the phone, navigate to Settings > Bluetooth.

Then turn on Bluetooth and ensure it is discoverable, then try to connect the phone to it

Let me know the results please

My bluetooth was on and visible to nearby devices when I tried unsuccessfully to pair.

What is the model of the panasonic

KX-TG7875

ok,l do you pick up the handset and press

Menu #6241 correct?

The instructions in the manual say to select [MENU]#6241 to pair to cell 1. When I do this, it looks like it is searching but not finding my cell, even though my Bluetooth is on.
Sorry, my cell is a Galaxy J7 Sky Pro.

ok, you do this, then on the phone you go to Settings, Bluetooth, you then look for the handset, on the cell phone and you choose on the cell phone to connect it.

You are doing it in the reverse order

Let me know please how you go

that worked. Thank you so much!

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Network Specialist