Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Not sure. Just bought new phone and but it won't sync with…

Not sure. Just...

Not sure. Just bought new phone and but it won't sync with router. When I go to website, it shows that internet is not connected from PC nor the wireless setting yet it shows connected on IPAD

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

That's already connected from pc to router. FYI, I'm far from being tech savvy so bear with me

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

3 green

3/22/2018
Karthik
Karthik, System Administrator

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you any computer, like Windows 10/8/7? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and verify the WiFi Password ***** reconnect the iPhone to the WiFi network.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Windows 10
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Not at this time

Please follow the steps and execute this instruction in the computer,

1. Press and hold “Windows Key + R” and the “Run” window will open.

2. In the Run box, type ncpa.cpl and press Enter or OK and the Network Connection window will open.

3. Check Wifi adapter, Do a right click on the wifi adapter in that same window click on Status and click wireless properties

4. You will be seeing 2 tab, Connection and Security.

5. Click on the Security tab

6. Uncheck the box which say show password

7. you will able to see the wifi password

8. Use that password ***** reconnect your apple device to the wifi network.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Got it and I am connected! Thanks!

Thank you so much for updating the status and I am glad to hear that. If you have any other concern or else if you face any technical issue, I will be available to help you. If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to give me a 5-star rating. See you again soon!

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Last question, how or where do I connect to update router

May I know what is the make and model of the router?

Karthik
Karthik, System Administrator
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Netgear WNR2000v5

May I know whether you want to update the router/WiFi password ***** you want to update the firmware.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
The firmware

To check for new firmware and update your router:

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
    Note: We recommend that you use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer to your router to update the firmware.
  2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
  3. Enter the router user name and password.
    Note: The user name is admin, and the default password ***** password. The user name and password ***** case-sensitive.
  4. Click ADVANCED > Administration.
  5. Click Firmware Update or Router Update.
    Note: The label varies by router.
  6. Click Check.
    Note: The router looks for new firmware information; if any is available it displays a message asking if you want to download and install it.
  7. Click Yes.
Karthik
Karthik
Karthik, System Administrator