Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have been trying to connect my new speaker by bluetooth to…

Customer Question
Hi, I have been...

Hi, I have been trying to connect my new speaker by bluetooth to my laptop. It worked earlier and then the connection was lost and I haven't been abble to get it to reconnect since.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your laptop?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

I will have to go downstairs to check

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Ihad successfullyconnected all 3 of my devices earlier today, the iphone and iPad also lost their connection but are now successfully reconnected but my laptop will not reconnect althought it shows the model number in the bluetooth system preferences. I have turned off the blue tooth connections in my phone and on my ipad while I have been trying to reconnect my laptop and have followed both the reference guide and the on-line instructions

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Networking
3/22/2018
Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 1 month ago
Richard, Network Specialist

Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the version of windows you are using on the laptop and the make and model of the speaker?

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a MacBook Pro with the latest updates and the model # for my speakers is SRS-XB20

Thanks

Shut down your Mac.

Find Command (⌘), Option, P, and R on your keyboard.

Turn on your Mac.

Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.

Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.

Release the keys.

Then try to connect the speaker.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Richard your answer sort of worked but only after II figured out what I had to do in terms of an extra step to get it to work and if I shut down my computer I have to go through the entire pairing process again which seems ridiculous. The following is not a comment on your help particularly but I have to say that the entire Just Ask experience was horrific and a complete rip-off and I will never use or recommend its use again. I will in fact ensure that I will let people know that they should find legitimate options to this horrific site at all costs.

ok.. well I am glad I resolved the issue you had... I did explain you needed to connect it and if you were not sure how you could have let me know.

It is a pity you have been so hard on this site and service, onsite or in person help is a lot more expensive, and I see I will not receive a positive rating from you based on your response, which means I receive nothing.

But at least the speaker is now working.

Richard, Network Specialist