Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Some how I lock my phone up, iphone6, Sunday I was coming…

Customer Question
Some how I lock...

Some how I lock my phone up

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Iphone6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

Sunday I was coming home from out of town in a storm and press a wrong key

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I forgot to write my password ***** i am 65

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
3/20/2018
Network Technician: Karthik, System Administrator replied 4 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, System Administrator

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me whether your iPhone screen is asking for password ***** Passcode?

Passcode
I don't have the money to buy right now

Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.

Do you have any backup of your iPhone in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPhone which will erase all the data and the passcode. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPhone.

My daughter set it up for me, I don't know

Is it okay, if I go ahead do a reset your iPhone?

Do you have any Windows computer or Macbook with you now? So that we can go ahead connect and restore your iPhone.

I do
I have windows

Unless you made a backup before you forgot your passcode, there isn't a way to save your device's data. You'll need to erase your device, which deletes all of your data and settings. May I know what is the model number of the iphone, is it iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 or iPhone 6?

I phone 6

Now please check in your computer if you see any iTunes install in the computer or not. If that computer doesn't have any iTunes application. Please click on the link below for downloading iTunes in this computer: https://secure-appldnld.apple.com/itunes12/091-45357-20180123-72201840-FFEA-11E7-92F9-85B67CCC33A9/iTunes64Setup.exe

Once the file downloaded please follow the instruction for installation:

1. Run the iTunes installer.

• Double-click the iTunesSetup.exe file to install iTunes. At the Welcome screen, click the Next button. The installer displays the License Agreement dialog box.

2. Click the option to accept the terms of the License Agreement, and then click Next.

• You can scroll down to read Apple’s License Agreement. You must choose to accept the agreement or the installer goes no further. After clicking Next (which is active only if you accept), the installer displays the installation options.

3. Choose iTunes installation options.

• You can turn the following options on or off: (a) Add iTunes and QuickTime Shortcuts to My Desktop and (b) Use iTunes as the Default Player for Audio Files.

4. Choose the language iTunes should use.

• The default language is English (U.S.). If you want to use a different language, select one from the drop-down list.

5. Choose the destination folder for iTunes.

• By default, the installer assumes that you want to store the program in the Program Files folder of your C: drive. If you want to use a different folder, click Change to use Windows Explorer to locate the desired folder.

6. Click Install to finish.

• After you click Install, the installer finishes the installation and displays the Complete dialog box. Click Finish. Restarting your Windows PC after installing software is always a good idea.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Okay, I am ready

Please connect your iPhone to the computer and open the iTunes.