Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

How do I get my WiFi back? I forgot my password. On- power,

How do I get...

How do I get my WiFi back? I forgot my password

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Apple device?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

On- power, online, 2.4GHz, Tel1. Blinking-US/day, 5GHz

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It’s my iPad I’m having the issue with

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Jason Jones, Network Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

Are you able to access the Internet on any computer in your network?

Also, what is the brand and model name of your wireless modem/router?

On my iPhone yes. Xfinity. I don’t know the model name

Please, look at the modem. What words are on the modem? We can figure out what the brand and model name of the modem by reading the words on it.

Jason Jones, Network Technician

You have requested a remote session. The remote session will only work if you have a computer that is on the network. Do you have a computer that is working on the network?

Xfinity, Dual-Band WiFi 802.11ac

No
Just iphone

In that case, the remote session will not be possible.

On the iPhone, do the following:
- Click the following link: http://10.0.0.1
Username: admin
Password: password
- Click the Wireless settings link

Your network name and password ***** listed on that page.

Using the network name and password ***** you obtained from the instructions above, reconnect to the wireless signal.

Did that help?

I don’t know my password
Is the password ***** password

What are you entering the for password?

As I stated, the password *****: password

Ok. Sorry. I’ll try again

Thank you

Now it’s saying my User name is ***** *****

What did you put in the username?

crcrae91
Should I use the admin one again?

Please, follow my instructions.

The user name is: admin

The password *****: password

So for username, type admin

And for password, type password

I got it. Thank you for your patience and all your help .

You are most welcome. I will send in the refund for the remote request since we didn't need to use that.

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Thank you!

You are most welcome.