Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I was trying to find a PIN on my Linksys router to connect…

I was trying to...

I was trying to find a PIN on my Linksys router to connect my printer with. I apparently clicked something wrong. Now my original Linksys router connection is gone and I have one that is called Linksys_SES_21751. It is asking for a network security key. I have no idea what this is or what I did to get to this point. Is there a way to go back to my old Router setting?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

HMMMMM, maybe never???

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Well, my first question is about how to get my access to my Router back to where it was.... next is how to connect with the printer. I am using my iphone hot spot for Internet because I cant open my Linksys internet access.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/19/2018
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer.

Kindly mention the model number of your router.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello, Suhasini,
WRT54G-V8 is the router model

This router by default will not have a password.

DO you have any computer wired to the linksys router?

Suhasini Velu
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No computer wire connecting my laptop to the router
It is the PIN I was looking for- can you see my original question? I need to get out of the Linksys_SES_21751 router connection and get back to my normal -no password- Linksys router connection

The WRT54G is your router and your router by default will not have a WiFi password.

But to find the current WiFi password ***** need the computer to be hardwired to the router.

Or if that's not possible we have to hard reset the router.

And we have to reconfigure it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not have a computer wire that would connect this computer to the router.
I am sorry to be so helpless- I have never had such a problem before.

That's okay, i will troubleshoot this remotely.

How about the computer you have is that Windows?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is Windows and a Microsoft Edge

Great, if you check there will be a cable connected from the modem to the linksys router do you see that?

Is yes unplug that cable and plug it into your computer.

So the connection will be modem to the computer.

In that case I'll be able to connect with your computer remotely and troubleshoot this for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The Edge does not have a receptical for the plug from the router to the modem. It only has one USD port. The cable from the Linksys to the Modem is some other kind of plug in

Oh okay, then let me give you instructions .

Are you chatting with me through the phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am on my phone now, had you on the computer but it just went poof.

Is your phone connected to the linksys WiFi or are you using your data connection?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
woops, now I have you back on my computer again... on both phone and computer.
My computer has internet connection from the iphone hotspot
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, the reset button was pressed for 30 seconds.

Now click on the WiFi icon on your computer and check if you see any name like cisco or linksys.

And that will not ask a password ***** connecting.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, I have the Linksys icon with no password ***** Thank you!
Now in order to connect with my printer it is asking me for a PIN- can you help me with that

Sure, I will take remote now and solve this.

What is the model of your printer?

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=0f9be590-1c2f-4144-a6a0-9e5b7ceddba5

Please click on the above link on your Windows computer and a file named Elsinore.Screenconnect would be downloaded.
Double click on the downloaded file to enable remote access on your computer.Let me know if you have any difficulties in doing this.
If you are not able to see the downloads, press control key and J together at the same time and you will find the downloads folder of your browser.

I lost the remote on your computer.

Got it back.

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to provide your reviews.
And thank you so much for contacting Just Answer.
You can also directly write back to me
https://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-suhasini/
I wish you have an awesome day ahead!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will I need to know the PIN for connecting to the Printer in the future?

No. you will not that wouldn't be necessary.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK< then thank you!

You're Welcome.

Take care Bye.

Suhasini Velu
Suhasini Velu
Suhasini Velu