Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My nook reader will not connect to my internet. Has never…

Customer Question
My nook reader will...

My nook reader will not connect to my internet. Has never happened. Have tried many things. Need help please

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

No have never done thst

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

One light green not blinking

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

On other devices had a problem. Went in and pressed forget and it asked for my password ***** device worked. Won’t on nook.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
3/19/2018
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Occasionally memory errors occur in network devices that cause this type of problem. So first, to rule out that possibility, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi). Then reboot your computer after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.

I figured it out before u responded. Am I being charged 24.00 for this info? I figured it out before u responded. Also unhappy that other things popped to join a service. Do not want it and never pressed to order.

Very good and glad the issue is resolved.

If you have questions about the pop-ups that appears, just click the customer service link on your screen to contact the Just Answer customer service team and they will help you with any concerns regarding charges.

Best regards,

David.