Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I can’t get apps in smart hub to work Just sits on

I can’t get apps...

I can’t get apps in smart hub to work Just sits on connecting.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Sysco, I think Husband checking now

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

It’s Netgear Reconnected to internet Logging in again, 2 things we tried

3/18/2018
Nathan, System Administrator

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Is this on a samsung tv?

If you go into the tv menu under network/wireless, does it show as connected to the wifi currently?

Samsung, yes connected
No, don’t want to spend $39 for something that should work
That’s in response to secure connect
You still there?

I am not asking for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question.

Please give me a few moments to send a detailed response here. Each time you send another reply, the system is further delayed.

Go into the smart hub home page (list of apps), then from there go to the smart hub settings (gear or toolbox icon),

from there locate and run the Reset Smart Hub option,

then after it resets, try an app like netflix and let me know what happens.

Trying now
Asking for a 4 digit password. No idea what that might be.

If you didn't set a pin, use 0000

We tried. It doesn’t allow us to enter it. Return and close take us back to the previous menu

Can you type in 0000 using the digits on the remote?

that’s done, but then no option to enter or continue

Press the ok/enter button on the remote (in the middle of the up/down/left/right cursor buttons)

Tried that first, no response

That is odd,

try unplugging power to the tv for a minute

replug, then try agian

Ok, will do

Thanks

All settings reset to default! Hooray
We’ll try taking it from here. Have to gather up passwords. I’ll contact again if needed. Thanks, you’re great.
How do I end the chat?

You're very welcome!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, System Administrator
One more question. Where might I find my Samsung account I’d?

that is usually linked with your email address,

you can reset/change that here if needed: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00045331/

Do you need more help with this?