Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I cannot connect to wifi. Dont have access to an ethernet…

Customer Question
I cannot connect to...

I cannot connect to wifi

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

Dont have access to an ethernet jack but i would suspect yes since it seems to be a wireless issue

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

The router is on the ceiling,10ft.,and i cannot see lights to verify.i can connect to this computer,obviously,and my phone and my android box,just not my other 2-1 laptop

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that i have spent the better part of the day trying to fix

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Networking
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Fujitsu Lifebook T731---Win 7 Pro-----Intel Centrino Adapter---most of all reasons I got back describing the problem alluded to the adapter being the culprit
3/18/2018
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. Sorry for the delayed response I just now saw your question.
Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once shut down your computer and turn it back on.
Let me know when this is done.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how can you remote connect if i can't get on wifi?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
again,how can you remote connect if i don't have a wifi connection?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you have charged me twice,45 and 47 dollars and done absolutely nothing for me
why was i charged twice?
Network Technician: Russell H., Internet and LAN replied 1 month ago
Russell H., Internet and LAN

Hi - this is Expert Russell H. of JustAnswer.com. I will help you if you still need help with this network/WiFi problem. As for charges - I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

- As for the problem... if you have other devices that can use the WiFi connection just fine, e.g. a smartphone or another computer, or a tablet perhaps, then your 2-in-1 computer is at fault. But if none of the devices can connect to WiFi and internet, then the WiFi router box may be at fault.

I am assuming it is the 2-in-1 computer that has the problem. First, make sure that the firewall on the computer is not blocking the WiFi - not that it is very likely, but would be a basic cause of such a problem.

Second, if the 2-in-1 computer worked fine with WiFi recently, before this, and given that it is a Windows computer, you might need to do a System Restore on the 2-in-1 computer, back to that time when the 2-in-1 computer worked fine with Wireless. If you wish to take this path toward a fix for the problem, please Reply, let me know, and I will give you instructions in detail on how to proceed.

If the problem is different from what I have assumed, please Reply and let me know more details about the problem and the 2-in-1 computer, and I will advise and assist you further, toward a solution.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have already done everything you have suggested to no avail
since i have already paid for a remote connection i think that should be your next move
i have a wifi dongle hooked up

OK... for Secure Remote assistance to help, your computer (the one with the problem!) will need to be connected to the internet... does it have such a connection?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Russ,hello?
do you read my messages?
i said i have a wifi dongle
also have teamviewer 13

OK. I am offering Remote Service now, in order to get the main WiFi adapter on the 2-in-1 working again.

I'm sorry, a bug in our system is somehow not allowing me to offer Secure Remote service myself. Can you initiate the request from your side, please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i can try
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i need your id

I do not have a copy of teamviewer, so I have no teamviewer ID. JustAnswer uses a different Secure Remote control system, called Elsinore.

I have to either offer Premium Service through the website, or have it requested, before I can use Elsinore, I regret to say.

Can you use the JustAnswer page's 'Request Premium Service' link?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
again,i have already stated that i already paid for the secure connection
check your records
i have been billed twice by your company and i dont know what the other charge is for
i am not going to be billed again

I'm not sure what is going on and I have to refer your concern about billing - or being billed twice - to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. I myself have no power to charge, or over charges, or I would help with that issue myself.

They may be reached at

***@******.***

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok,i will go to customer support
but,if you check the stats from my chats you'll see i have already paid for a secure connection from the last agent who tried to help me
just go back or have your supervisor check

I really don't see it, on the one page on the subject that I have access to - and this is what I see:

https://www.justanswer.com/computer-networking/b3kzy-cannot-connect-wifi-dont-access-ethernet.html

(I am heartily sorry this case has gotten scrambled up with 'issues'... I have reported the failure to post my offer of Secure Remote Assistance as a bug, by the way.)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
if you check my posts you will see that i requested remote assistance,after i did that,she charged me and left
you will see i got no response from my questions as to how remote would work without a wifi connection
and yet again i have stated that i have already paid for a secure connection but have not received it

Yes, you requested it. But I am supposed to answer that with an 'offer', which I could not post for some reason.

Since you requested the use of teamviewer and I have no teamviewer program, I shall Opt Out now in favor of some other Expert who does have Teamviewer and can help with this problem. (This does not cut off your communications and I will continue to see, and be able to respond to, your further postings. It opens the case to other Experts, simply.)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
maybe by the time i get a solution to my problem i will be too old to know what to do with it
Network Technician: JJesus Perez Gonzale,
 replied 1 month ago
JJesus Perez Gonzale

Hi, do you require further assistance?

JJesus Perez Gonzale
JJesus Perez Gonzale
JJesus Perez Gonzale