Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

If I am receiving 25Mbps download speed for internet what…

If I am receiving 25Mbps...
If I am receiving 25Mbps download speed for internet what should I be able to get for an upload speed?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Hello Cody.

Its dependent on what your Internet provider is supplying you with.

good estimate would be like 2 or 3 to 1, so maybe around 10-15 in your scenario

It's dsl...maybe vdsl

you would need to ask internet provider what you're paying for

what does http://speedof.me say?

My internet provider is not telling me what upload speeds they offer, only download speed. So, I was wondering if there was an expectancy based on what download speeds they were providing. I've had the same upload speed even when upgrading packages and over the years.

thats a little sketchy, they should have different packages and tell you what both upload and download speeds are

if they will not tell me is there any way that the information can be found out or any courses of action I can take?

can't find what it is unless you actually went with them and tested it yourself

You could call them and say your'e looking at setting up voip for a business and need to know their upload speed to determine if this business can move over to voip (voice over ip)

just something to give them a legit reason to tell you. I don't know why they wouldn't tell you, seems silly to me.

if you need anything else, reply here

Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Silly indeed. It’s been quite the run around unfortunately and am needing the upload speed for home work so it’s quite important. Thank you for your assistance.