Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

We have a new Alexa and we can not get it to connect with…

Customer Question
We have a new...

We have a new Alexa and we can not get it to connect with the internet

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

I Amon amacbook and not sure what ethernet cable is

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Yellow

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

We tried downloading the Alexa app but didn't help

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
3/16/2018
Network Technician: Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer replied 4 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Disregard the earlier questions. Those were system generated about the ethernet cable.

Follow these steps:

• Connect your Echo's power supply
  • Install the Amazon Alexa app on your phone
  • Connect your phone or tablet to your Echo's Wi-Fi network (not your wifi network yet)
  • Switch to the app and choose Set up a new device
  • If prompted, enter your Amazon username and password
  • Now, select your Wi-Fi network and enter its password
  • The Alexa assistant is ready to use

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Network Technician: Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer replied 3 months ago

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert