Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I just purchased a HP Office Jet4650. I have successfully…

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a HP Office Jet4650. I have successfully linked the printer to my wifi, but cannot get my desk top computer to link to the printer. My computer continues to ask me for a PIN number for the HP printer that they say can be found in the documents that came with the printer, but I cannot find any HP PIN number in the documents. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Virginia

Technician's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I see that my computer recognizes the new printer, and so I have gone through the steps to link the two, but get stopped each time when the computer asks me for the HP PIN number for the printer.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
3/16/2018
Network Technician: Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Have you installed the printer's driver software?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

What's the make / model of your computer?

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.