Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Forgot WiFi code. Never. Laptop

Customer Question
Forgot WiFi code Technician's...

Forgot WiFi code

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

Never

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Laptop

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
3/15/2018
Network Technician: Karthik, System Administrator replied 4 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, System Administrator

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

If you have connected the Windows computer to the Same wifi Network, we can try to retrieve the wifi password/code from your computer. Please follow the steps below

1. Press and hold “Windows Key + R” and the “Run” window will open.

2. In the Run box, type ncpa.cpl and press Enter or OK and the Network Connection window will open.

3. Check Wifi adapter or Wireless network connection. Do a right click on the wifi adapter in that window click on Status and click wireless properties

4. You will be seeing 2 tab, Connection and Security.

5. Click on the Security tab

6. Uncheck the box which say show password

7. you will able to see the wifi password

8. Use that password ***** connect your Wifi device to the wifi network.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

I dont understand number 3 instructions

Do you see the Network Connection window?

Do you have any windows computer?

Thank you, ***** ***** it

Do you still need assistance with your issue? Is there anything else I may assist you today?