Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

General question. I have a model15 DSL modem. I'm looking to…

General question. I have...

General question. I have a model###-##-####15 DSL modem. I'm looking to get a new laptop and see that specs on the laptops show wifi such as AC or B. What wi fi spec laptop should I get to match to my modem?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Netgear

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

What? I don't understand your question. I currently have a laptop, but I don't know the wifi spec if that's what you're asking

3/15/2018
Ashik, PC Technician

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Wireless AC is the one of the latest gen WiFi technology. Wireless/WiFi AC, Wireless N, G etc like WiFi generations with speed and performance improvement. Any laptop that support WiFi AC is also compatible with backward WiFi technologies (like Wireless N, B, G etc) like your router has. So you can buy any laptop you want and it will work with your router without any issues.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, PC Technician
Thank you

No problem.