Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I need to arrange to have a geek squad person come to my…

Customer Question
I need to arrange...

I need to arrange to have a geek squad person come to my home to advise about getting the best Wi-Fi reception thru a large house and add a tv connection or 2 or three and computer hookups and get my 4k tv doing 4 k stuff and show me how to do everythinh!

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

I don't know what that is. I am not a tech kind of person. At present we have direct tv for tv, Comcast for internet, century link for landline phone and att for cell phone

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

I am not at home. I think the router was provided by Comcast and it does work but I will want to expand Wi-Fi service to a part of the house that is probably 80 feet and several walls away from all the tech stuff that is a jumbled mess.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Other than confirmation that I am badly in need of in person handholding and advice as to additional equipmen we will need and a way to get music into other parts of the house I don't think so.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Network Technician: Nathan, System Administrator replied 1 month ago
Nathan, System Administrator

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This is primarily an online chat based support service.

I could advise you on how to do most of this yourself here in this format if you'd like, or via phone.

If you'd prefer an on site tech, I can recommend some local installers that could set all of this up for you. Geek squad would not necessarily be the best option for that. If you want to go that route, please let me know your zip code.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would prefer to talk rather than text or e-mail and do need onsite help.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my zip code is 33954
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no I don't want to remotely connect I am not even at home. I just want to make an appointment for someone to come to my home.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 to ask your question + balance/total upon speaking with me here) noted on the payment page when posting your question for this chat support.

Your local geeksquad service is one option, you can reach them at(###) ###-#### however in general their techs are not as good as you'll find with an independent company where you'll get better long term support.

Alternately I'd recommend contacting the guru team at(###) ###-####or AV Helpers(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did not intend to sign up for any service other than having a geek squad person come to my home Please cancel any arrangement with your company immediately

You are not obligated to any membership or other ongoing services, just the one time question you asked here.

I will let customer service know to cancel any future services for you after we finish our conversation here.

If you need more help, let me know. Otherwise you may conclude our chat session here by clicking the 5 stars at the top of the page.

Nathan, System Administrator