Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I'm getting the message "out of range". Arras. Nothing

I'm getting the message...

I'm getting the message "out of range".

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Arras

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Nothing

3/14/2018
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Network Administrator

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.

First thing we will want to do is go to the Arras device, and reboot it. This means taking the power cable out of the back and allow it to shut down for about 30 seconds. You will also want to unplug any other devices that may be plugged into this device, such as a router.

Then plug it back in and wait about 2 mins for it to acquire connection again.

While this is happening, please reboot your computer(s) and any other devices you use to connect to the internet, such as smartphones or tablet.

Lets start with this, and then can continue to more advanced steps if needed. Usually this will correct modem issues such as yours.

Please let me know if you have any further questions,or need clarity.

If this helps please rate me 5 stars!

Thanks,
Jamie

Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Network Administrator
I have not rebooted my computer but I did reboot my Kindle Fire and it still shows "out of range".
If I reboot my computer I'll lose the internet and $39 is a lot of money to lose.

Ok, but we need to reboot the internet (arras device) that is the device that is causing this error.

You will not lose this session, I will still be here. Once the internet and computer both reboot, you can come back to this chat. It will not close until we are finished working together.

-Jamie

OK so now you want me to unplug the Arras and disconnect the router and reboot while they are disconnected?
Is that correct?

Yes please, take the power out of the device for about 30 seconds to allow a full reboot. You can reboot the PC at the same time. Then after about 30 seconds, start the Arras device back up again. It can take 2-5 mins for the Arras to acquire an internet connection. But, once it does you can connect back here, and also test to see if the "Out of Range" message is resolved.

-Jamie

I cannot even find linksys now.
what am I getting for my money?

Did you reboot the linksys as well? You will need to reboot all devices, that connect to the internet. This includes, the Arras, Linksys, any other router you may have, as well as the PC and devices (kindle) that connect in.