Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I can't get my MacBook Air to connect to the internet. Can't…

Customer Question
I can't get my...

I can't get my MacBook Air to connect to the internet.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your MacBook Air?

Can't get in connected to the internet

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

Wifi is orange in color

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
3/14/2018
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Occasionally memory errors occur in network devices that cause this type of problem. So first, to rule out that possibility, power down the router/modem that provides your wireless and Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi). Then reboot your computer after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.

Hi David,
Thank you for your reply.
I am using a laptop and WiFi on demand connection to access the internet.
Therefore I don't have other separate router and other cables to unplugged. However ,I have reboot my device but no change.

So just to clarify, you can connect to your WiFi but not to the Internet correct?

Also, earlier you mentioned that the lights on the WiFi device are orange - what WiFi device is that - can you describe it please?