Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have a Sony Bravia TV. How can i connect this to wifi

I have a Sony...

I have a Sony Bravia TV. How can i connect this to wifi network? I have Century Link

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

No, My television is in the living room and my PC is across the house in my office

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Power, DSL and Internet. Also WAN/LAN1 all green

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Wireless also blinking green

3/13/2018
Nathan, System Administrator

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the model number of the tv ?

Model # KDL-55HX800
Hello?
Nathan?
I can not afford to pay extra and therefore do not want Secure Remote Assistance. Can you help guide me through this problem?

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

I'm not asking for anything else

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 to ask your question + balance/total upon speaking with me here) noted on the payment page when posting your question for this chat support.

Please give me a few moments to send a detailed response.

To be able to connect to wifi, you would need to purchase an external wifi adapter (dongle).

This tv does not have built in wifi capabilities on its own.

So to get this to work, you'd buy that adapter, here: http://amzn.to/2Dp0Y0k

This is probably not going to be practical though. The adapter alone is about $150, and most of the smart features on the tv simply don't even work anymore.

This is a 2010 model tv, over double its service life at this point, and has not been supported in terms of apps and software updates for over 6 years now, most all the apps are discontinued, so you'd be paying a lot of money for very limited if any functionality.

What I'd recommend instead is to purchase an external streaming device such as a roku or fire tv or appletv and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and lower cost.

Best regards,

Nathan, System Administrator