Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

From my xfinity homepage when I click on the mail icon, I…

From my xfinity homepage...

From my xfinity homepage when I click on the mail icon, I get a message saying that I need an app to get to my mail. This has happened on two computers. How can I get to my mail?

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

Yes I am connected, all other internet pages open, it is just when I try to open the email.

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

All the green ones are on and the top yellow/orange one is blinking

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of now

3/13/2018
UranNet
UranNet, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

Do you use PC? If so, which version of Windows do you use, 7, 8, 10?

10
There is more than one device that is having this problem. Perhaps I should just call Comcast. I thought this was a comcast link when I clicked on it.

we can assist as well. let me know how you going to go about it.

I want to know whether you have figured out the problem. Could it be a Comcast one?

I need to know where you click to get that message. sounds like you go to wrong link. If you want us to work on this with you - let me know.

On the web page:
https://my.xfinity.com/?cid=xfinityconnecttocomcastnetI click on the mail envelope icon, on the top bar to the right of the various word, including my account.
I get the same message that I will need an app to open it. Messages are opening on my phone. I just tried a tablet and the click there takes me back to the xfinity start page like the one I sent you.

I can connect to your PC and look into this. I will send an offer for remote connection

I just got your link to work. Let me play with this on the various computers and get back to you. How do I reconnect with your site?

sure, just come to justanswer.com or find link in your email to us.

UranNet
UranNet, Network Administrator