Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

From my xfinity homepage when I click on the mail icon, I…

From my xfinity homepage...

From my xfinity homepage when I click on the mail icon, I get a message saying that I need an app to get to my mail. This has happened on two computers. How can I get to my mail?

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

Yes I am connected, all other internet pages open, it is just when I try to open the email.

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

All the green ones are on and the top yellow/orange one is blinking

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of now

3/13/2018
UranNet
UranNet, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

Do you use PC? If so, which version of Windows do you use, 7, 8, 10?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
10
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is more than one device that is having this problem. Perhaps I should just call Comcast. I thought this was a comcast link when I clicked on it.

we can assist as well. let me know how you going to go about it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want to know whether you have figured out the problem. Could it be a Comcast one?

I need to know where you click to get that message. sounds like you go to wrong link. If you want us to work on this with you - let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On the web page:
https://my.xfinity.com/?cid=xfinityconnecttocomcastnetI click on the mail envelope icon, on the top bar to the right of the various word, including my account.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I get the same message that I will need an app to open it. Messages are opening on my phone. I just tried a tablet and the click there takes me back to the xfinity start page like the one I sent you.

I can connect to your PC and look into this. I will send an offer for remote connection

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just got your link to work. Let me play with this on the various computers and get back to you. How do I reconnect with your site?

sure, just come to justanswer.com or find link in your email to us.

UranNet
UranNet, Network Administrator
UranNet
UranNet
UranNet, Network Administrator