Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I don't remember my email password I would like to know what…

I don't remember my...

I don't remember my email password ***** would like to know what it is

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

They say you should change you password ***** how do I do that and not mess up others like qvc,hsn

3/13/2018
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Network Administrator

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.

Your email password ***** not effect HSN and QVC sites, only your email login itself.

If you are able to provide me with the email provider you are using (Ex: Gmail, Yahoo, MSN, Comcat, etc) I can give you the exact instructions.
But no matter what provider it is, you should be able to change it once logged into their website. If you forgot your current password, you can use the "Forgot Password" option that should display on the login screen of the providers webpage.

These are instructions for changing passwords with a @Gmail.com account. Most users we deal with have this type of account, if you have a different one please let me know and I will be happy to assist you further if needed.

To change Gmail password:

Step 1. Log into your Gmail account, and click the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner.

Step 2. Click “Settings.”

Step 3. Click “Accounts and Import” at the top.

Step 4: In the “Change Account Settings” section, click “Change password.”

Step 5: You’ll be prompted to re-enter your current password ***** confirm your identity. Next, you’ll need to enter a new password — twice (note that you can’t reuse an old password ***** you change it).

Your new password ***** consist of at least eight characters, but we would recommend using a mixture of letters (upper and lower case), numbers and special characters for maximum security. Once you satisfy these requirements, just click the blue “Change Password” button, and you’ll be good to go.

If you have trouble inputting the same password ***** clicking the little eye symbols will let you forego the stealthy asterisks and see the passwords in clear text.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or need any clarity.

If this helps, please rate me 5 stars!

Thanks,
Jamie

My email is***@******.*** on my I pads and phone. I don't have a gmail account
Is this a scam why do I have to pay 30 some dollars to get a simple answer from you experts

No this is not a scam, this is a website where experts in specific fields, such as myself, can assist end users with issues in their field of expertise. I have been in the technology field for over 10 years, and provide support via this website on days when I am not at my regular office job.
If this helps you, I would appreciate a positive review, as this is how we are graded as experts.

Sorry, but you did not provide your email provider in the original question, so I used Gmail as a reference. But, since you are using optonline here is how you can go about resetting your password:

1. Visit this website (https://www.optimum.net/reset-password/)
  2. Enter your Optimum ID and enter the code displayed.
  3. Select how you want to reset your password.

If you set up your Optimum ID with an alternate e-mail address or mobile phone number, we can send you a temporary password. If you had a password ***** less than 8 characters, the new password ***** part of security standards will be a minimum of 8 characters.

If not, please select I do not have access to the above. You will be asked to complete a series of challenge questions to validate your identity.

About Temporary Passwords

Temporary passwords expire shortly. Be sure to update your password ***** after being provided a temporary password:

• You can enter your temporary password ***** prompted during the online password ***** process, or
  • You can log into Optimum.net with your Optimum ID and temporary password.

In both cases, you will be prompted to change your password ***** a new password.You will not be able to reset your password ***** any of the last (12) passwords used.

Thanks,

Jamie

Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Network Administrator