Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Red light keeps coming on. Netgear. It worked fine in the…

Customer Question
Red light keeps coming...

Red light keeps coming on.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Netgear

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

It worked fine in the room with my computer Now I am in a location a couple of 100 feet away. It still works but the red light keeps coming on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

This is a Netgeat AC1200 Dual Band. When we moved the extender from one room to the other, it iis possible that buttons got pressed. We are falling of line episodically.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Networking
3/13/2018
Network Technician: Pete, Networking Engineer replied 1 month ago
Pete, Networking Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The settings may have gotten disrupted when it was moved.

Try resetting the extender by holding the reset button and then set it up again to the router via WPS or using the manual setup.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Networking Engineer