Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I would like to change my wi fi password since I do not

I would like to...

I would like to change my wi fi password ***** I do not recall what the present one is. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

I think it is the original one from several years ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Yes...the computer I am on is connected to it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure.....when I tried to retrieve the password ***** asked for my birthdate. Whe

3/12/2018
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

If the computer you are using now is connected to the wi-fi (not a computer connected to your

router with a cable) you can get the password ***** it.

Can you tell me what version of Windows is on that computer?

We have a router but is listed as wifi I have windows 10 Can you tell I do not know what I am doing ? : )

Thank you. On your screen down in the bottom right corner, to the left of the time and date do you see a

Wi-Fi icon? It looks like a dot with 4 curved lines emanating from it in a leftward direction.

Great.

Thank you.

Here are the steps to get

your network security key/wi-fi password ***** a Windows 10

computer that is already connected to your wireless network.

On your keyboard, hold down the Windows logo key to the left of the spacebar

and press R.

The Run box will open.

In the text area type: ncpa.cpl and click OK

The Network Connections window will open.

Right-click on your Wi-Fi icon (the one with the green bars)

and select Status.

Click the Wireless Properties box.

In the Wireless Properties window, click the Security tab at the top.

Put a checkmark in the Show Characters box.

What you see to the right of Network Security Key is your wireless password.

It is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as you see it on your screen.

Let me know the result please.

Now that I know what it is can I continue using it

Of course you can. Use that password ***** connect any wireless device to your network.

Wonderful. Thank you

Thank you for allowing me to serve you today.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech