Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have a windows 8 on my laptop...how do I get to the Start…

Customer Question
I have a windows 8...
I have a windows 8 on my laptop...how do I get to the Start to change wireless internet connect information?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
3/12/2018
Network Technician: FRAN, PC Technician replied 4 months ago
FRAN
FRAN, PC Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question today. I apologize for the extended wait time you've experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Network Technician: Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer replied 4 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue.

First, in the task bar down on the bottom by the clock, just click the wireless symbol and it will bring up a list of available wifi networks within range. Select yours from the list and enter the wifi password ***** it prompts you for it. If your wifi network is not broadcasting (showing up in the list), you can manually add it by doing the following:

To manually add a wireless profile in Windows 8:

1. On the Desktop screen, right-click the Wireless Icon located on the lower right hand corner of the screen, and select Open Network and Sharing Center.

2. Select Set up a new connection or network and click Next.

3. Select Manually connect to a wireless network and click Next.

4. Manually enter the required credentials for the wireless network you are trying to add and click Next.

5. You will get a confirmation that the profile is successfully added. Click Close.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert