Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I can't get my Alexa connected to our WIFI. Oops, I don't…

Customer Question
I can't get my...

I can't get my Alexa connected to our WIFI

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

Oops, I don't know what that is.

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Red and when I talked to her she says she can't connect to our WIFI

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope, that is it.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Networking
3/12/2018
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 5 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Occasionally memory errors occur in network devices that cause this type of problem. So first, to rule out that possibility, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi). Then restart all devices that connect to your WiFi network after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.