Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

When accessing the mlb tv app under smart hub on my tv I get…

When accessing the mlb...

When accessing the mlb tv app under smart hub on my tv I get the message "video error - the content you requested is not available. Please check.your network connection and try again later." Don't understand what I need to do. Please help.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

It's always been the same.

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

No. I don't have either.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of but I know very little about electronics.

3/12/2018
Pete, Networking Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Do all of the other apps work ok?

The ones I accessed did. I don't use too many of the apps that are listed on Smart hub. Just mostly the mlb tv app.
You mentioned a laptop or a desktop. I said I had neither. I do have a Samsung phone and tablet that are connected to the wifi.

Ok, so can you try restarting your modem/router, in case there is a glitch with it which is preventing some devices or apps from not connecting to the internet.

Then let me know if it works ok?

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

No change. Didn't work.
I thought I might add that I can get into the mlb tv app itself. It's after I get into the app that the problem occurs. There is a screen that has all the games that are to be played that day. I can get that far it's when I click on to the teams game I want to watch that I run into the problem and the wording "video error,etc " that I originally told you about pops up. I thought maybe this additional info might possibly help. Just a thought.

Ok, so there may be a problem with the app itself...

What is the make and model number of the TV?

Have you checked to see if there are any updates available for the TV?

I checked the software for updates and it indicated the software was up to date. I then decided to try and check for any smart hub updates. I had wanted to check for such before but it asked for the pin and I had no idea what it was so this time I went to the e-manual and did some extensive reading. It said if the pin wasn't known to use 0000. I did so and it let me continue. It took over 3 hours for the update, however guess what, that did the trick. I just finished watching my Cubs game and also clicked on to an archived game and that worked also. I exited the Smart hub several times and then went back into it to make sure I was still able to access the game thru the Mlb tv app. I guess I just couldn't believe I was able to correct the problem. I have had the tv since November of 14 and smart hub had never been updated due to the fact I didn't know how to do it. NOW I KNOW! I appreciate your guidance and hope I don't run into any more problems for awhile. As I had stated previously I have little knowledge about electronics, however, I'm sure you picked up on that as I didn't have to tell you. Once again I really appreciate your time and patience. ���� THANK YOU!!!

Excellent news!! :)

Pete.

Pete, Networking Engineer