Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I'm trying to add a android wireless to my tv and it wants…

Customer Question
I'm trying to add...

I'm trying to add a android wireless to my tv and it wants my SSID. I do't know what they are asking for or how to find it. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's sony only about 4 years old and I don't know the model number. Do you want me to check in the back of the tv for a model number?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sony? What happened right before this?

I tried to setup the android wireless last night. It asked me for my wi-fi password. I called apple tech and they helped me with my password. I have been having trouble getting back to that screen. Now it wants a SSID, whatever the means. Do I have a SSID address or log in?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No I think I got it all. Thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
3/11/2018
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

THE SSID refers to your WiFi name are you aware of your WiFi name?

Thanks but I think I figured it out.
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Is there anything else I can help you with?