Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have questions about intermittent problems with my online…

Customer Question
I have questions about...

I have questions about intermittent problems with my online connection. I have spoken wit Charter and they all me from their end my modem appears to be functioning properly. I have rebooted my router and that has resulted in my computer (A Mc Air) functioning fine but two other PC's in the house continue to have problems. Not sure why. Any idea how I can diagnose these problems?

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

I don't have one.

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

The power is solid and the web connection one is flashing and just the number 4 iwhich just shows which jack it's plugged into is flashing.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
Also our iPhones aren't connecting to the web.But my mac is. I don't get it.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/12/2018
Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Network Specialist

Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

How exactly did you reboot the router?

What steps did you take?

Please let me know

Thank you

I did it every which way possible.

On the back if the router is a reset button, press and hold it in for 5 seconds then release.

Once done, wait 5 minutes, then tell me how your devices function now please.